CONGRATS TO BARBARA!
I don’t know about you and your family, but I can’t keep cereal in my home. My boys go through it like it’s going out of style! So of course I want to make sure that they are getting the healthiest cereal out there and I’m not talking about things like Fiber logs or what have you, I’m talking about the cereal you know your kids love and ask for.
General Mills commissioned a survey of D.C.-area parents to uncover their children’s eating habits, as well as what they deem important to help ensure their children grow up healthy. As parents strive to make smart food choices, nearly all (97 percent) agree it’s important for their children to eat breakfast and four out five (86 percent) say cereal is a healthy breakfast choice. What are they looking for in options for their family’s breakfast?
- 81 percent cited good flavor as important
- 60 percent want a breakfast packed with vitamins and minerals
- 59 percent look for convenient options
- 40 percent want a breakfast option that is low in fat
- About a quarter said they were interested in breakfast options that had at least 8 grams of whole grains (24 percent)
Emerging research supports D.C. parents’ views. In fact, a 2009 study found that children who eat cereal have significantly higher intakes of whole grain, folate, calcium, iron, fiber, zinc and several other nutrients.
Did you know?
- Cereal is one of the healthiest breakfast options you can make
- Packed with nutrition, cereal provides a great choice for breakfast
- Studies have shown that kids who eat breakfast tend to perform better in school and have fewer disciplinary problems. They also have shown that breakfast also tends to help kids stay alert.
Lately, I have been grabbing the cereals with whole grain and lower sugar, and to my surprise, my kids love them, especially all of the Cheerios flavors. I feel better about it being consumed in large quantities now
Learn more about the healthy benefits of serving your children cereal:
WIN A GENERAL MILLS HEALTHY BREAKFAST PRIZE PACK
TO ENTER: *MANDATORY* Leave a comment telling me what the you look for when buying cereal.
EXTRA ENTRIES ** For each entry, please leave a SEPARATE comment with information you performed the task. All entries will be checked! Must leave a comment saying you did each one, not just I entered Thanks!
- Like Free Sample Momma on Facebook (This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook)
- Share this post on Facebook *Easy way to share is to just click the share button at the end of this post (Leave the link to your share. Can share once a day!)
- Follow Free Sample Momma on Twitter – PLEASE LEAVE YOUR TWITTER ID.
- Tweet about this giveaway using this “I just entered to win a General Mills Prize Pack from @freesamplemomma http://bit.ly/k73iCc #myblogspark” – leave a link to your tweet(s) – PLEASE TWEET ONCE PER DAY
- Giveaway will end on June 17th, at 8 pm est.
- Giveaway is open to the United States Only.
- 1 winner will be chosen using “And The Winner Is “(Random).
- The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours from the time the email is received to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: General Mills provided me with the free product, information, and gift pack through MyBlogSpark
Latest posts by Dianna Ranere (see all)
- The Lone Ranger Rides Again in a NEW Trailer! #TheLoneRanger - May 21, 2013
- TasteGuru Gluten Free Subscription Box Month Two #GlutenFree - May 20, 2013
- My Experience Wearing a Holter Monitor - May 19, 2013