So over the past four week we have learned all about the nutrition surround breakfast cereal and how it’s not as bad as people may think it is.
I for one feel at ease over the amount of cereal my children eat and love the fact that by eating cereal my children are not only getting vitamins and minerals they need, but it is also helping them maintain a healthy body weight. Having dealt, and still do, with weight issues, it is important to me to watch what my kids eat, and to monitor their weight.
When it comes to fighting childhood obesity, there is a lot to love about cereal. Frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights. That’s true of men, women and children who choose sweetened cereals.
- Teen girls who eat cereal are less likely to become overweight than non cereal eaters.
- Boys´ cereal consumption is associated with lower body mass index (BMI).
Breakfast and weight loss
Dieters who successfully maintained weight loss of 30 pounds or more confirm that eating breakfast maximizes the likelihood of maintaining weight loss,
according to National Weight Control Registry Data. This is great news for all of us on diets.
For more information, go to www.cerealbenefits.com and get the facts on breakfast cereal.
Win a Stay Fit Cereal Prize Pack from General Mills
(Gift pack will include 6 sample-sized boxes of cereal and an on-the-go container. **Cereal may vary from picture)
TO ENTER: *MANDATORY* Leave a comment answering this question: Does any of this information come as a surprise to you?
EXTRA ENTRIES ** For each entry, please leave a SEPARATE comment with information you performed the task. All entries will be checked! Must leave a comment saying you did each one, not just I entered Thanks!
- Like Free Sample Momma on Facebook (This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook)
- Follow @Freesamplemomma on Twitter and
- Sign Up for Daily Emails from Free Sample Momma Blogs!
- Giveaway will end on July 7th, at 8 pm est.
- Giveaway is open to the United States Only.
- 1 winner will be chosen using “And The Winner Is “(Random).
- The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours from the time the email is received to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: General Mills provided me with the free product, information, and gift pack through MyBlogSpark